Wednesday, October 20, 2010

WHEN I AM WEAK--PART 3


“Suffering is never wasted”

I heard that line today

Then a still small voice whispered

My ways are not your ways


My thoughts turned toward heaven

As I lifted you in prayer

What blessings are being poured out

That we are not aware?


The struggles of this battle

One you did not choose

May seem so overwhelming

As you fight so not to lose


But even in your suffering

God is standing by your side

He will show His glory

He will bless as well as guide


For when the trial is over

And the race has been run

You’ll have the chance to look back

And see all God has done


Our thoughts are not His thoughts

--oh, how I wish they were

To know the reason for the pain

And to know for sure…


…that suffering is not wasted

That good outweighs the bad

So even as we suffer

We can rejoice and be glad


No comments:

Post a Comment